- Russet Potatoes or potato of choice :)
- Go ahead and pre-heat oven to 400 F – Wash & Peel your potatoes. I used just plain baking potatoes, but you could really use any sort. Also I like to leave a little bit of skin on mine for extra nutrients. My kids however dont like them “totally skinned” – so this is a compromise.
- Cut the potato’s into THIN slivers. I use a plain butchers knife (cutco! only way to go btw) – and cut them by hand.
- After Potato’s are cut… SOAK THEM for 30 minutes in a bowl of water – then sprinkle some salt in. I dont measure how much, just a good few shakes with a shaker or grates with sea salt.
- Once they soak – take them out and drain them.. then place them on an open surface on top of paper towel to air dry. Its important to let them dry for a good bit, you dont want soggy fries. Id say give them about 10 minutes of drying time.
- Once they are mostly dry, place the fries on a baking sheet (I used a pampered chef stone) – and then coat them with extra virgin olive oil using a brush. Once coated sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Put into oven for 45 minutes (check periodically) – cook until golden brown.
- Serve up with some yummy sandwiches or even a grilling night out.