On the beach trip I took this past weekend, we cooked most of our meals at the condo.
With so many people and for the length of time we were there, this just made sense.
One of the meals we made was a Roast Beef Hoagie style sandwich. Im not sure what its called, but its similar to those au’juice?? sandwiches you get some places that you dip. Im not big on beef but must say this is one recipe I don’t mind eating beef with.
Best of all, its super easy.
1 pounds shredded deli Roast Beef (you want it falling apart!)
1 can of Campbells French Onion Soup (the can, not the dry mix)
1 yellow onion
1 green pepper
1 package of hoagie buns
Provolone Cheese sliced
– Preheat Oven to 375F
– In skillet pour in roast beef with the can of soup. Mix together and let it simmer til hot.
– In a another skillet saute onion (I chopped it into thin slivers) and the green pepper (into slivers as well)
– Saute that until it is soft.
– Open up Hoagie Buns and put a good amount of meat along them.
– Add onion and pepper on top of meat
– Add one slice of cheese
– Put into Oven with the meat facing out until the bread is browning (so lightly toasted)
– Serve with a salad or some chips. Mmmm mmm m mmmm!!
This recipe seriously takes about 15 minutes to cook and is very inexpensive if you get the meat on sale.
ENJOY! :-) – we had enough for left overs too btw and it is just as good the 2nd day.
Thank you Laurie for sharing it with all of us :)