I have had a few people emailing me asking me for Christmas ideas for their children.
I don’t really know if my ideas are good :) – but I figured I’d share “the list” – and maybe it spark some ideas for you all searching.
Some of the items I am listing btw are items we already own... but would make awesome gifts!
1) Tag Pen by Leapster – these are awesome!! We own two and I plan to buy Owen the Tag Pen Jr. as his Christmas gift this year. ONLY because Owen is really rough on books. I wanted something for him to use as well. The Tag Jr. comes with board books, but besides that and the looks, its just like the traditional tag pens. The Tag Pen books btw go on sale all the time online and even in store… you just got to keep an eye out for those sales.
2) The Leapster 2 – We own the CLASSIC Leapster, but its years old now and is on its last leg. We love it so much though, that we wanted to replace it. It requires a rubber band to hold the game in right now… so an upgrade is in need :). On black friday we purchased 2 of them for $25 a piece. A STEAL. Caleb and Taite both still enjoy the leapster… I think mainly because we have not introduced them to newer style games like the Nintendo DS or XBox… they play with a Super Nintendo at home, and thats it :) – we like to keep it old school.
3) The Empire State Building Lego Set – this was a request by Caleb this year. We are asking his Nana to buy it for him :) – he caught a glimpse of one at a Books a Million shop, and immediately asked for it. They cost a pretty penny, but its one of those special items I think is worth paying a bit more, esp. for those kids who love to measure and figure out how tall buildings are.
4) Travel Checker Rug @ Cracker Barrel - Our kids love to play checkers… but our cardboard cheap $2 checker board is falling apart… so while at Cracker Barrel eating we spotted a FABRIC checker board and snatched it up for $5.99 – it also included the pieces. This will be great to shove into the kids back packs for trips, since it is so small. Cracker Barrel also has a JUMBO size version for $12.99.
5) DVDS – These are always a hit in our house, since we aren’t big on cable. DVDS reaching our kids this year will be, Rio, Despicable Me, Cars 2 & Bambi. All of which I got at a discounted price on black friday.
6) Speedometer – We haven’t found the ones we want yet… but Caleb and Taite both want one for their bikes. Esp. Caleb… I have seen some on amazon for as little as $10… A small yet very cool gift IMO :)
7) Remote control Cars – we got some really cheap on black friday. I honestly can’t remember the brand right now and I am to lazy to walk down into the basement to find out ;-) – but they were over half off on black friday… so we got a deal. I remember playing with a remote control car a lot as a kid, so I knew this would be a hit.
8) The Razor Rip-Rider 360 – Our kids used one of these at a friends house & loved it. It is their big gift this year… and will be shared ;-) – I’m pretty sure I can
fit squeeze onto this too ;-)
& I think that is about it. We dont go overboard for Christmas here… our kids will not lack though… and we are so thankful for the support of our church that has helped us financially during this time. With Travis still not having a steady job (just doing odds and end work for a contractor) – we just don’t have much spending money. My blog right now pays for our groceries… and whatever money Travis brings in goes towards other bills. So you can imagine we had to budget our Christmas well.
Black Friday ;-)
& getting creative is a must.
Hope my list helps some. Feel free to ask me any questions via comments :) – and do share what is on your kids christmas list!