A few weeks ago I tried a new recipe.
It sounded like a fool proof one :) – and sounded very similar to another recipe I cook often (Kelly’s Sticky Chicken).
I must admit though… I think I like this one better.
Maybe because I love garlic…. ?
Although its not overly garlic-y – its got a great taste!
Here’s what you need:
6-8 skinless & boneless chicken thighs (thawed)
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 Tablespoon Ketchup
3/4 cup sage honey (could use clove)
2-3 garlic cloves (minced)
salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat Oven to 350F
- Place raw chicken into glass baking dish (9×13)
- Mix all your ingredients above together (I just used a big measuring cup to do this)
- Once ingredients are mixed, season tops of chicken with salt and pepper… then pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake uncovered at 350F for 1 hour – flipping the chicken every 20 minutes or so.
- While chicken is baking I cook up rice.
- Serve chicken cut up, over rice, pour the sauce from mixture over the rice, its so good.
You could also serve up a side veggie with this dish :)
Enjoy! and do try it, it really is good.
Also be sure to use dark meat when you cook this. Using white meat would probably result in the chicken being to dry. The boneless skinless chicken thighs by far work the best – so tender!
(Original Recipe adapted from Food.com)