I recently attended a baby shower for a friend of mine… and while there I got to eat up some broccoli salad with bacon in it. I had never seen anything like it before… so when I tasted it and liked it, I was on a mission to find a recipe similar.
All of the recipes I found though contained MAYO. I for one hate mayo :\ – although I will say, mixing it with other stuff makes it tolerable… but my distaste for it, made me not want to use it at all. So when I came across a recipe on Pinterest that used GREEK YOGURT instead, I was all for it!
You can view the original here.
This recipe is for a Healthy Broccoli Salad.
Feel free to print it below :) I made a few small changes but its mostly the same as the original.
- 1 medium head of broccoli, chopped into small pieces
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raisins, or 1 (1 oz) box
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 TB raw sugar or honey granules
- 1 1/2 TB white vinegar
- 3-4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- Take the cut up broccoli, onion, sunflower seeds, raisins and bacon and throw it into a large bowl.
- In a seperate bowl stir together greek yogurt, the sugar (or honey granules), vinegar and stir together.
- Once mixed well, pour over top of the broccoli mixture and stir evenly. Also do take in mind this makes a lot of dressing. SO if you are like me and prefer less dressing, feel free to customize this any way you like. I honestly only used about 1/4 of the dressing on a batch. So I plan to just save that other bit of dressing for the next time I make this salad.
- Serve up immediately. Or refrigerate and serve later. If you plan to do this for a party, add dressing last... so maybe on the way to the party. If this sits with the dressing on it, it isn't as good.
- Enjoy! :)