I mentioned in my last post how we had some really good homemade Belgian Waffles for breakfast on thanksgiving. Well, since then, we’ve had them a few more times :) – they are so yummy!! I have tried at least 5 different Belgian Waffle Recipes over the course of a few months and got to say, this one is the best so far.
- 1 3/4 c. All Purpose Unbleached Flour (You could use any flour really)
- 1/4 cup corn starch (or arrow root powder)
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. real alt
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 c. milk
- 1/4 c. EVOO, coconut oil or oil of choice
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- a pinch of nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat your waffle iron.
- Put in all the dry ingredients into a large bowl. Mix it until well combined.
- Then add in all your wet ingredients and whisk together until blended smooth.
- Pour about 1/2 cup of batter into your waffle iron and cook for around 2-3 minutes or until crispy and lightly golden.
- Serve hot with topping of choice.
Also, if you have any left over after breakfast. You can put the rest in a ziplock in the fridge and save for later. I throw old ones the next day into the toaster oven for a few minutes and they are just as good. SO great to double the recipe and make enough for an entire week if you want :)
Recipe adapted from: here