Those who read my blog and have for some time, know I love pancakes… or I guess I should say, my kids love pancakes :) – I love them but, well… like most adults I can’t indulge in pancakes all the time like I use too. A little here or there wont hurt me though ;-) – so I always love looking for great pancake recipes, since they are a staple in my home.
I recently got a WonderMix by The Wondermill Company. I LOVE IT.. one thing it offers is the ability to mix things up. While the mixing aspect of this product may not be like the Ninja or Vitamix. It can however function very well for many things… and is so easy to use and dishwasher safe, that for a busy mom of 4 boys boys, Im loving it.
This pancake recipe was one of the many in the small recipe book given to me in the WonderMix box. It caught my eye and so I made it up a few weeks ago. LOVED it… made it again on Christmas day. Loved it again, as did my parents and brother. Made it up again today – and again, just as much love, if not more.
Its super easy, very soft, moist pancakes with fluff but not to much fluff. You seriously would never know they were made from freshly ground whole grain flour either… they are amazing.
Can I just add, they are pretty “idiot” proof :) – to put it nicely. My husband can’t cook AT ALL. The most he can cook is bacon and hamburgers haha… but I really think he could handle this recipe :)
So here is what you need….
- 1 1/4 cup water or milk (I used milk)
- 1 cup freshly ground white hard wheat (or whole wheat flour)
- 1/4 cup dry milk (optional)
- 1 egg
- 2 Tbsp. oil of choice (coconut, evoo)
- 1 Tbsp. honey or sucanat (I used sucanat)
- 1/2 tsp. real salt
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- (NOTE: I double this recipe any time I mix it up. We have a big family and a single batch just doesnt cut it - so if you have more than 2 kids, go ahead and double this one up)
- Mix water, wheat and milk into WonderMix blender for 3 minutes (yes, 3 minutes!).
- Add in eggs, oil, sucanat (or honey) and salt. Blend this for 20 seconds with the flour/milk mixture you just blended for 3 minutes.
- Add in baking powder last - pulse it 4 times.
- Cook immediately on a hot griddle of choice.