I tried a new recipe last week… and you all, its so easy!
I’ll get straight to it….
2 Ingredient – Chicken Taco’s
- Chicken Broth
- Taco Seasoning ( buy in a packet or make your own )
- 1 pound chicken breast or tenderloins.
- Mix together a few cups of chicken broth (Id say around 1 1/2 - 2 cups) with your packet of taco seasoning. Mix it all together.
- Place your chicken into a crockpot. I placed my chicken in FROZEN :) - since well, im never prepared enough to have it thawed.
- Pour the taco/chicken broth mixture over top of the chicken. It should cover majority of the chicken in the crockpot.
- Turn crockpot to high and cook for 4-5 hours, or cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Once meat is super tender, take the meat out. Place it into your blender to shred the meat (this is a great secret I learned last year, works so good.) Once meat is shredded, put it back into the crock pot to simmer until you are ready to serve it.
- To get the meat out you will want to use a straining spoon of some sort, so that your taco's are not super drippy. Top your taco's with toppings of choice. For photo purposes I did not include any toppings :) - but we personally love salsa and cheese here. Yum yum!! Enjoy.
I am not sure why but this taco recipe yielded a much moister meat. It must be because it cooks in the broth the entire time… either way, its a keeper for sure. It also felt like a very lean and healthy meal. If you were watching your calories I think this would be a great fit. Instead of serving your taco meat onto a tortilla as pictured, you could serve it on some romaine lettuce or even some quinoa chips. So many options.