I posted this recipe at some point on my blog. I think :) – I had trouble locating it while organizing my recipe page… so I thought it was due time to post the Sticky Chicken Recipe! This recipe was passed onto me many years ago in NC by my friend Kelly. She use to make it often for us and we just loved it.
It has since become one we do often any time we have guest… and it has never not been a hit. We always get compliments on how yummy it is. So here is the recipe, in all its simple glory :) – enjoy it! If you like chinese inspired dishes, you’ll love it.
- 5-8 Boneless Skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup sucanat (or brown sugar)
- 2 TBS Ketchup
- Sprinkle of Garlic Powder
- Preheat your oven to 350F
- Put your Chicken Thighs into a baking dish (I use a pampered chef bakers pan but any glass or corning ware baking dish would work). Lay your chicken flat, not over lapping if you can...
- In a large bowl or measuring cup, mix together your sucanat, soy sauce and ketchup.
- Sprinkle your chicken with Garlic Powder.
- Then pour the sucanat/soy/ketchup sauce all over your chicken.
- Bake for 45 min - 1 hour, flipping on occasion. You want to make sure both sides of the chicken get coated as it cooks, so that it gives the chicken a great glaze on the outside.
- I then cut up the chicken (just makes it easier for the kids). Serve it over rice and top it with the juice/gravy sauce in the baking dish.
- You can serve it with a side of green beans, or veggie of choice. I love to season our green beans with garlic and soy sauce as well, so good!