I got request to post this recipe :) – so here goes.
It sounds “Super healthy” – for a cookie I suppose it is, haha…. I love that it has oats and flax in it, yet my kids still eat them up. Enjoy!
Flax Oatmeal Cookie
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup sucanat (or brown)
- 1 cup honey granules (or white sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 1/2 cup freshly milled soft white wheat flour
- 1 cup oatmeal
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds (I grind mine with a coffee grinder)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. real salt
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened dried coconut
- 1 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Cream the butter, sucanat, honey granules, making a grainy paste.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a large bowl and then pour slowly into butter mixture.
- Add in coconut and chocolate chips last.
- Make these into 1" balls and place on a ungreased cookie sheet (or baking stone). Place them about 2" apart.
- Bake at 350F for 10 minutes (or until golden on edges).
- Makes 5 dozen cookies! so if you don't have a family as large as ours, you can half this recipe. Or you can free some or treat a neighbor :)
- Recipe Credit: The Bread Beckers