I for one am a HUGE fan of fall and the upcoming holiday months. I love so much about fall. The clothes, the open windows, camp fires with the boys, falling leaves, pumpkin patches, thanksgiving and so forth. I also love the SMELLS of the Holidays.
Because Rocky Mountain Oils (RMO) where I buy all my Essential Oils and have for the last 2 years, is having a fun sale on their Holiday Oils today. I thought it would be the perfect time to share some ways I use Essential Oils in our home during the Fall and Winter months.
Below are a few bullet points. I hope they are helpful and spark some ideas in your own homes.
- Drive away the germs– We all know that with the cooler temps, kids back in school… that germs and crud will without a doubt make its way into our home. Last year we had one of the worst years of sickness ever. I blame it on our move from Atlanta to SC… the change of environments, adjusting to a new home (two actually) and the floods that came to SC last year that affected the ground and water around us. We were so sick!! Thankfully we finally seem to be better and have gone a few months now without a cold (knock on wood). So ways I use Essential Oils with the boys are to apply the RMO Immune Strength blend onto the bottoms of their feet. RMO has a kid line now that has this oil diluted down and ready to go for you. I have the kit and love it. The kit they came out with is great for beginners and convenience. But to those who do like to blend, mix and dilute their own oils, you can buy Immune Strength or Flu Time (I prefer the 1st) on your own. For those new to RMO, Immune Strength is comparable to Thieves by Young Living and On Guard by Doterra. You can see RMO’s comparison list of all their blends OVER HERE.
– I also diffuse immune fighting oils into my boys room and around our house, during times I feel we have been expose to germs. Typically if we go some place really public, like a park. I try to diffuse oils once home. There are TONS of oils you can diffuse in the home that help ward of bacteria, boost immune systems and clean the air. Feel free to check out some of my other post that talk about these oils HERE.– Sanitize! I cannot rave enough about my Spray on Hand Sanitizer recipe. We use this daily. I have not purchased anti-bacterial gel sanitizer sold in pretty much every store since I started using oils. The spray on sanitizer works, is easier to apply and distribute (esp over a surface like a grocery cart or table). No more gel for us.
– and of course, Wash your hands little ones. :) You don’t have to use this recipe, but a super simple foaming hand soap is our go to.
- Cozy up the home with fall Oils
– Another great way to use oils during the holidays, is to use them around the home. I love being able to smell our essential oils every time I clean our counter tops in the kitchen.
– If you have one of the new Holiday Blends, you can sprinkle a few drops on pine cones you have placed in a decorative basket, or on a wreath hanging in your home. I love using Cinnamon Bark as well for making things smell like fall.
– Diffuse fall blends. Even if you don’t have the Holiday Blend Collection, you can totally make up your own blends of oils to diffuse. Below are a few combinations that I love.
– 1 drop Ginger, 2 drops Cinnamon Bark & 1 drop Clove
– 2 drops clove, 1 drop cinnamon bark, 1 drop orange
– 1 drop rosemary, 1 drop clove, 1 drop cinnamon, 1 drop eucalyptus, 1 drop orange (this ones great for immune boosting)
– 3 drops cypress, 2 drops fir or pine, 1 drop sandalwood or cedarwood
– 3 drops orange, 1 drop ginger, 1 drop clove, 2 drops frankincense
– Sorry I didn’t link to all the oils above. Takes me forever to type up post if I do. You can go to the main RMO website though and at the top right corner search for all the above oils there. If you have any trouble finding one, let me know.
- Add Fall Oils into homemade gifts– I love making homemade gifts. Something about it is just special. So if I have the time and the means to do so. I do it. A few gift ideas below would be great to spice up with some fall oils. Just be mindful that some oils are HOT oils and should not be used. A few oils that I would suggest putting into body products such as these are Sacred Frankincense (a favorite of mine – note, its kinda expensive, but a bottle goes a long way, Ive had my same bottle for 2 years), Lavender, Cedarwood, Peppermint and patchouli.- Homemade Body Butter
– Homemade Lotion Bars – I use these every single day of my life. They are amazing for the face.
– Homemade Lip Balm
– Homemade Diffuser Bracelet
– If you don’t like to MAKE gifts – or truly don’t have the time and want to buy a gift for someone this year that they can use with their Essential Oils. I highly recommend Drops of Joy Jewelry – she has the most lovely Diffuser Jewelry ever and its a great price.
– Also you can’t go wrong with purchasing someone a Diffuser. RMO has a wide variety they sell. If you cannot afford RMO diffuser prices, dont fret. Diffusers are available almost anywhere now and I have seen super cute ones at Walmart even in the candle isle. Just be sure that the diffuser is an ULTRA SONIC diffuser.
Disclosure: The above post contains affiliate links.