I love a good Italian Pasta Salad. Recently for a cookout we had for our church small group student leaders. I made up a Pasta salad that was absolutely worth reposting and sharing.
Came out great!
Here is what you’ll need…
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dried italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound (16 oz) pasta of choice
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumber
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni or salami
- 1/4 cup chopped italian parsley
- 12 oz. mozzarella balls (drained), or cut up mozzarella
- 3.8 oz. can sliced black olives (optional)
- Cook your Pasta al dente (meaning don't over cook, good rule of thumb is to cook under 1 min of recommended cooking time). Placed cooked Pasta into a large bowl to cool.
- While the Pasta is cooking whisk all the ingredients for the vinaigrette together int a small bowl. Set aside and then chop all your salad ingredients.
- Pour the tomatoes, pepperoni, onion, parsley, mozzarella & olives over the pasta. Then pour the vinaigrette over top and toss to coat it well. Taste and season with salt and pepper as desired.
As you can tell I ran out of Tri-colored noodles and had to use one of my kids boxed macaroni noodle boxes to add to the pasta haha… Shows how flexible that choice of pasta is. :) Serve this salad COLD – its best if made a couple hours before the event but not to far ahead that the dressing soaks up into the noodles to much. So good rule of thumb, if your event is at 6pm, make it at 3. :)
I hope you enjoy!