I thought it was due time to post a favorites post. Ive done a few of these in the past and you all seemed to like them. :) I basically just link to or talk about things (mostly products) that have been my favorite recently.
So lets get started.
1. Wearing my hair with waves and no bangs. I will admit. Growing my bangs out has been hard. I have gone back and forth with this for years. Yup years… I get to about mid nose with the bangs and fold. I then cut them blunt again. I love bangs… I think they look good on me but I do not like the upkeep they bring. So I have been trying to grow them out and so far I have found a method that seems to work. The SIDE PARTING them doesn’t work well for me. I find I am constantly flipping my hair out of my face. If I part it down the middle though it seems to work better. If I flip my hair out using my straightener, even more so. So that is what I am doing on the days I wear my hair down. I can go about 2 days with the same style and it looks pretty good. Even after being slept on. I may have to touch up the back some but the rest stays pretty put together. Yay for hair that holds it shape fairly well. ALSO I use NO HAIR SPRAY – yup.. it seems to hold better without it. If I spray it, it just makes it sticky. I also find that if I allow my hair to AIR DRY instead of blow dry it, it works best. So I try to wash my hair in the morning on like Sunday… allow to air dry that morning (We go to church at night since Travis works). I then style it that afternoon. I can wear it til about wednesday, if Im having a good hair week ;-) – so on a good week, I wash my hair 2-3 times a week. Less washing for me has helped with hair fall out… and my hair feels a lot healthier.
I was going to take a video of myself styling it but I havent had the chance. So here is a youtuber I found with a good tutorial showing exactly what I do. The only thing different I do is after I curl it, I let it sit for a little (5 min maybe?) and then I brush it through. I like a looser wave, more so than a curl.
Here is the video: The lady doing the video is actually my friend Liz from The Quick Journey. Do check out her blog. Also she does a little “TWIST” thing with her curls after she curls them, I skip this part. I also BRUSH mine out after they sit like I mentioned above. So we do things a little different bu the method is almost identical. So hope it helps :)
2. That brings us to my TEK Wood Brush – I love this thing. I got it after hearing how Wood Brushes were great for our hair. They absorb excess oil and don’t pull our hair like traditional metal and plastic brushes. I found mine at TJMaxx for $12.99 – I think retail they cost much more. The price for me was decent and I am so glad I got it. It is by far my favorite brush to date. Love it! I couldn’t find it online… the brand I have… but its made in Italy… so I found this one on amazon that looks almost identical to the one I have. Its price tag isn’t nearly as low though. :-\
3. Peace and Quiet - You all know I love my essential oils. Well a new favorite I have been diffusing constantly is the Rocky Mountain Oil’s Peace and Quiet blend. Its so crisp… refreshing and calming. I can’t really explain it but it just smells awesome. I love it and am slightly addicted. Between this one and their calming blend, Im an addict diffuser. :)
4. My new HCSB Personal Sized Study Bible – I have been eyeing this bible for a while now. I enjoy reading the HCSB translation on the bible app… and decided it be nice to have an actual physical bible in this version to study from. I haven’t purchased myself a bible in many years… prior to this one I used the NKJV. While I loved it, I had trouble understanding it some what and wanted something a little easier to read. I read great reviews on the HCSB… and so I figured it be a great fit. For some reason I feel like Ive mentioned all this before… but in case I didn’t, here you go. :) Its a great Bible. Great for study and carrying. I got mine from Lifeway 40% off too. ;-) Can you tell I am a bargain shopper? …it is available on amazon too.
5. New Shoes! – I never buy myself shoes. Almost never. I have not owned a pair of normal sneakers in almost a decade. Crazy huh? I survive mostly in flip flops :) – or boots. So to own some sneakers finally, is nice. I found these at TJMaxx as well for $34.00. They are New Balance. I’ve never owned New Balance shoes before but I am pleased. They are light weight and wear well. I’ve used them on many walks already and yesterday a hike up a nearby Mountain. :) So if you are in the market for some light weight shoes, check out Marshalls or TJMaxx. I saw great ones at both stores.
… and I think thats it.
I know. Not much to mention this month. Its been busy lately. I feel like all I do is school…. school… school. Its getting down to the finals few months of school this season and I want to make sure we finish by June. We tend to run late… and typically I do like to make the boys do some school throughout the entire summer… but for the BULK of our work. I hope we finish soon. :)
So between house keeping and never ending laundry… I am finding very little time to do much more than just be. :)
Which is nice… but at times I will admit exhausting.
So very thankful though for sunshine.
An early spring.
… and encouragement from those near. Its been an emotional month and I have felt covered in prayers by many. So thank you for those who know our story and keep us in your prayers. I feel them.
To end… a few instagram images from the week… :)
Feel free to follow me @dreawood
Anyone else take advantage of “Free Ice Cream” at DQ? We did.
& our carseat paid the price – don’t worry, it got washed.