So! Thought I would post up a new recipe using some of the new Blue Ribbon Meat we got in. It has been a week now since getting our shipment in and I could not be happier. You can read about what Blue Ribbon is HERE and why I am loving them.
This recipe was a new one I grabbed off Pinterest. (source). I am always hesitant to try new recipes off pinterest. Seems like its always hit or miss. This one def. was a hit!
- 1/2 tsp real salt
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 lb chicken tenders (I used Blue Ribbon Chicken Tenders)
- 1/4 cup butter, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- noodles (of choice. I used bow pasta)
- First thing you do is combine all your spices. So the real salt, chili powder, onion and garlic powder. Sprinkle this seasoning blend all over your chicken tenders (raw/thawed).
- In a large saute pan. I used my skillet pan btw. THAT Blue Ribbon GAVE ME for free, with our order. They have a huge list of items to choose from when you become a member. One thing I hate about our stove is how uneven it heats... so cooking with a skillet is something I tend to go to. This skillet is stainless steal and dish washer safe (yes please!). So I was excited to be able to cook this meal on my new skillet.
- I melted half the butter over medium heat. Cooked my chicken tenders (After seasoning them) until done. It took about 8 minutes or so. I flipped them half way at one point.
- One chicken is cooked, pour the cream and remaining butter over top of the chicken. Lower your heat, allowing the sauce to simmer and thicken. Takes about 6 minutes.
- Serve your chicken and sauce over your pasta of choice.
I served this recipe along side some of the organic green beans provided by Blue Ribbon Food’s as well.
Oh and this recipe, was so enjoyed by our boys, we had ZERO left overs. They ate every bite!